|Our Governors take a proactive role in being part of the Bowesfield Family|
“My team of governors work in partnership with the school. Together we aim to ensure that all the children in our care are happy in school and enjoy their learning.”
Janet Marriott – Chair of Governors
Janet can be contacted through her email : BPJMarriott@bowesfieldprimary.org.uk or via the school postal address.
The core functions of the Governing Board are identified within the DfE Governance Handbook as:
- ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
- ensuring the voices of school stakeholders are heard
Click image to view the Your Guide document
|Further information about our Governors – “who they are, and what they do” – can be found in the ‘Your Guide’ document.
The guide outlines our governor profiles; details their individual roles and responsibilities; provides information about the governance committees and meetings; and, gives details on the governor selection process.
|Our governors produce a ‘Yearly Planner’ that identifies their strategic aims and outlines how they will work in partnership with the school.
The planner supports the core functions of the Governing Board and provides key information relating to reporting, meeting agendas, committee dates and times.
Terms of reference for the Governing Board Committees and Working Parties and further information supplied by the School and Governance Support Services can be found below:
- Terms of Reference
- Register of Governor Interests 21-22
- Register of Governor Interests 22-23
- Register of Governor Interests 23-24
- Bowesfield Governor Attendance
|Our Governors like to keep the Bowesfield Community informed of their engagement with the school and each term they produce a ‘Letter to Families’.
The letters help to keep the families and friends of our children up to date with our governors activities during their visits into school.